Brooke Kalan is a very successful Life and Business Coach. Her job is to teach people how to achieve success. More precisely, she teaches people how to do what she does: live a full life, travel the world, meet amazing people, without a boss, without conventional working hours- all of this while making money. So we interviewed her, to try to understand how she does this, and what advice she might have for those who want to follow the same path.
1. Hello Brooke, we are very happy to get a chance to interview you. Tell us more about yourself and your work.
Hey everyone! My name is Brooke Kalan and I am Life and Business Coach earning over six-figures per year in my business. I help intuitive, high-achieving entrepreneurs and leaders embody their next level of success.
Like so many others, I always knew I was meant for something much different than what was considered “normal”. I got my Masters in Social Work, and worked as a psychotherapist for years with patients in hospitals and rehabilitation centers. Even though I loved helping people change their lives, I quickly realized that working on someone else’s terms was not for me. The 9-5 was slowly chipping away at my soul, day by day.
I did something that many thought was “going rogue” and I created a life and business on my own terms… and amazingly, I get to help others do the same.
2. How do you personally define success? What does it mean to you?
I believe that true success and happiness comes when we fulfill our highest potential, and access the most authentic expression of ourselves as a human being.
And for me, I like to think of success in two different ways: conventional and exponential. Conventional success is the achievements. It gets us the things we think we need, like more money, a comfortable lifestyle, and travel. Exponential success, provides us with the financial freedom, beautiful relationships, soul-level connection and the emotional capacity to feel like we’re fulfilling our own personal mission here on the planet. It’s what make us feel like we’re soaring.
3. How do you differentiate yourself from others in the field?
So many people in my field believe that they have to choose between money and integrity, or between spirituality and money. Or between hard work and having fun!
I believe we can have it all, and I live my life in a way that demonstrates that. Last month I had a $60k launch in just 20 days while traveling. The first day of the launch I was at a dive bar in Nashville and then I was off to Europe! Even while having fun and traveling, I was still making money.
It’s important to always keep growing, so I’m always moving into another level and another level after that. In September, for example, I’m planning a $100k launch followed by a $120k launch in November- all while deepening my spiritual practice and continuing to travel. Anyone who works with me gets to experience this kind of holistic, exponential success in their life as well.
What made you take the leap into entrepreneurship?
Sometimes, when you can’t make a decision for yourself, life swoops in and makes it for you. I had tried to make the 9-5 work for me, but I always felt frustrated, tired and overwhelmingly restless on a soul level.
Over and over again, I would quit or get fired from conventional jobs, even though I knew they weren’t right for me. One day, I remember getting fired from a job and there was a little voice in the back of my mind saying “Are you done yet? You know you’re not meant for this…”
Life helped me take the leap! It kept removing options that weren’t aligned for me, until I made the decision to create something that was: entrepreneurship.
3 Tips you can share our readers as it relates to your industry
1) Find a coach who’s already doing what you want to do and hire them. I could have saved myself years of time and struggle had I known about coaching sooner. I attribute much of my rapid growth to investing over $50,000 into coaching the past two years.
2) One of my mottos is “Be who you really are so that you can become a magnet for what you really want.” I want people to know they can have it all by being it all. I want my clients and anyone reading this to be able to feel fulfilled as a human, and fill their bank accounts as well. The most comprehensive way to do this is to know who you are, what you offer, how you can help others transform their lives, and create a rock-solid mindset and strategy that supports you bringing that into the world.
3) Don’t listen to advice from anyone who isn’t already at the level you want to reach. We live in a world where we are constantly bombarded with information.Everyone has an opinion and everyone is going to tell you something different. So if you’re going to listen to someone listen to those who have achieved what you want, the way you want to achieve it because they can show you how.
How can you be reached if someone is interested in your services?
The best way to find me is through my website www.brookekalan.com. There’s a free live training there that will walk you through the steps of creating 60k months while traveling!
And my free Facebook group, called The Next Level Entrepreneur, is a great space to get access to me, my teachings and live trainings.
You can join that here: www.facebook.com/groups/jointhenextlevel
The Thrive Global Community welcomes voices from many spheres. We publish pieces written by outside contributors with a wide range of opinions, which don’t necessarily reflect our own. Learn more or join us as a community member!