It's been raining here in Texas for a while now. The windfall of water has taken it's toll on my workout schedule a bit, but mainly in keeping me off the tennis courts.
Top 10 ideas from my holistic fitness and health program.
- Weighing-in is optional, not necessary to keep my motivation high, nor to inspire me
- Superfoods are also caloric, so let's use a bit of judgment and see what feels good (all in moderation)
- Coffee is a health drink and a superfood combined.
- Coconut oil continues to astound me. Not as a weight-loss supplement, but certainly as a healthy fat and as a lubricant for all things.
- Today's news: losing weight is more about eating less, rather than exercising more.
- Exercising every day is a must. You're going to miss days, so make those actual misses, rather than scheduled days off. The more the merrier. Two and three-a-days are amazing, but also taxing to your overall system.
- Sleep is essential. 8 hours is minimal.
- Waking up early, alert and inspired by what the day brings is a good sign of health and happiness.
- Finding someone to train with is the biggest boost to fitness.
- Finding someone to love is the biggest boost to life and overall health and mental resilience.
Take the next step.
Have you tried any superfoods as part of your health and fitness quest? What about Maca powder? Or coconut oil? Or omega-3 fish oils? Are there some superfoods that work and others that are more hype than happy? I'm sure the answer is yes. My run at bulletproof coffee was a bit of a wash, though I do think the coconut oil has helped my internal digestive system a bit.
Superfoods: Do you believe in superfoods? Spirulina, Wheatgrass, Coconut Oil, Maca Powder, Asahi. What is and is not recommended? Here's a bit of info on my latest experimental supplement.
Do you want to try any of these superfoods for yourself? Here are the two main ingredients in my new cold coffee brew.
- Nature's Way Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, 32-Ounce
- Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Maca Powder, 1 Pound Pouches
More the fitness and wellness posts from Uber.la
- Dialing In the Perfect Snack
- Fitness First Milestone and a Remarkable Result
- Destination Me < Here < Now
- Wellness: Baby Steps and Clear Intentions
Originally published at uber.la
The Thrive Global Community welcomes voices from many spheres. We publish pieces written by outside contributors with a wide range of opinions, which don’t necessarily reflect our own. Learn more or join us as a community member!