Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.
Imbued with this feeling of kindness, what is an act of kindness you can give to a person near you?
For example, send flowers to a friend.Learn More share
Bring to mind a kindness someone has shared with you in your life.
This could be as simple as a look or a gesture.
Allow yourself to receive this gift that keeps on giving. And realize the impact that a simple act of kindness can have.Learn More share
As you soften your heart, let kindness emanate from your heart center.
Observe how things transform around you.Learn More share
Once again, soften your eyes, soften your smile, soften your face.
Look out into the world with that softness. Notice the feeling of kindness emanating from you.Learn More share
Think of what represents kindness to you.
- A loving touch
- A compassionate attitude
- A loving smile as you go to work on the subway or bus
- Being polite and considerate
- Paying full attention to the person you are talking to
- Being kind to yourself by eliminating--or at least reducing--the negative self-talk of the “obnoxious roommate in your head.”
Choose one of the above today and do your best to demonstrate it throughout the day in small ways.Learn More share
With a feeling of genuine and unconditional kindness,
choose to do one or more of the following:
- Buy a colleague their favorite cup of coffee.
- Pay the toll for the car behind you.
- Help your partner in the kitchen.
- Send your child to school with a loving note in your lunchbox. Do the same for your spouse.
- Leave an encouraging note for your colleague.